Sunday, November 7, 2010

Japan Log : Arrival


Things went smoothly on the arrival day; plane wasn't late, didn't have any trouble at the customs, baggage wasn't lost or something, the only thing is that I was extremely tied; to fight against the jet lag, I had to force myself not to sleep in the place. The result combined with the 13h jet lag was a sleepless night. I taught I was ok in the plane, but the fatigue really kicked off in the Narita Express ('NEX) from Narita Terminal 1 to Shinjuku, where my hotel was located.

Despite being extremely excited about my awaited trip in Japan, I somehow managed to actually sleep in the train.

I arrived at Shinjuku around 6h30 and the sun has set down a long time ago. Now it was time to find my hotel, which all I knew about was that it was at the east of the station along with a few maps; I was way too much tired to notice the extremely helpful station maps that are located in every stations, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it would have made things much more easier. I decided to just fellow the indications toward the East Exit, which dropped me somewhere near Kabuchiko... now if you've ever been to Kabuchiko at night, just imagine having to find your way in these neon lightened streets with a pretty big backpack when you haven't sleep for 27 hours. Quite the badtrip if you ask me.
However I did found a map and managed to orient myself toward my hotel, the Sun Lite Shinjuku.

No trouble for the check-in, despite my sloppy Japanese and I finally made my way for my room.

Room was nice and clean, with toilet and shower/bath, Japanese TV and LAN internet access. Like someone told me not so long before, after a 13h flight all you want to do is wash yourself; I found this to be indeed very true, so I filled the bath and relaxed for a good 45 min in it, before heading to bed in preparation of the rather packed day I would have the day after.

The pillow was pretty hard though...  

No comments:

Post a Comment