Thursday, November 11, 2010

Japan Log : Day 6

Didn't really had a precise idea of w, hat I was going to do on the 6th day, except that I needed to return for Tokyo. I left Date Masamune's city as soon as I could and jumped in the Hikari shinkansen this time, which I fould to be much faster then the Tsubasa. I needed to go back to Tokyo for catching the night bus that was going to Kanazawa, but that bus was an overnight highway bus that was leaving at 22h20 and I arrived at Tokyo at 13h, I had no clear idea of what to do, so first I decided to go scout the bus station a little in order to have a good idea of the place and left my big pack-sack in a coin locker around there.



I decided to pay a visit to Asakusa which apparently a nice sight in Tokyo. I must say I was pretty proud to actually get there without any help but the indications in the station. Asakusa itself was rather overcrowded with a lot of tourist trap shops. The temple grounds were impressive though and it had a nice atmosphere (if you don't count the renovation there were going on just beside the altar stars...). It was also there that I enjoyed my first conveyor belt sushi shop, where you sit in front of a conveyor belt and take the plates that pass in front of you depending on what you want to eat. Once you're done, you are billed depending on the plates you have (they all have different colour pattern for different price).

After thinking what to do next, I ended up in Akihabara again drooling in front of the figures I all wanted to buy, but I wasn’t going to buy anything, not before my last 2 days in Tokyo where I will amke most of my purchases as I will stuff everything in a bag and bring it in the plane. I did started to have a good idea of what figure to buy though. I also spotted a lot of Berserk figures that made my wallet frightened. I also paid a visit to the book store where I searched for some Aria artbooks, but only managed to find Alpha and Stella, which I already had. However, I did bough a single manga; the 3rd volume of The Legend of Koizumi, because mahjong kicks ass.

It was now dark and I had spent enough time in Akiba and as I rode the Yamanote train in direction of the station for the bus terminal, I remembered that I wanted to have a look at what Tokyo looked at night time; so I continued on the Yamanote up to Shinjuku where I returned to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office Building; the south tower this time. As expected the night view was breath-taking.

After that I returned to the bus terminal; it was around 9h and decided to give that manga i bought a try. I must admit I was rather stressing at the time, as I wasn't 100% sure I was at the good place and even after looking around I found no clues or whatsoever about the bus line I was taking. Around 9h30, a staff member wearing a red apron got into the terminal and I remembered those were from the bus company I was taking ! So I immediately spoke to her, checked in for the ride and went to the gate of the bus. The stress was gone now.

The bus itself was great. I can firmly say it was my best night of sleep spent in a vehicle of any sort; the blankets were warm, the seats' inclination degree was low and we had some sort of head cover over for not to get disturbed by lights or anything.

That's how I departed from Tokyo to Kanazawa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment